Would you like to join our team?
Over the past decades, North Georgia Building Supply has become a company of longevity among employees. We pride ourselves on the family relationship and sense of togetherness that we establish with our employees and those that call NGBS home.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team and family, please see the career listings below and contact us for additional information!
Job duties include delivering lumber and building materials to job sites using a standard transmission tractor trailer, tandem axle or box truck. You must be able to drive a truck mounted lift to unload materials at a job site or pick up materials at job site. You must use federal DOT guidelines when loading and securing your load. Previous experience in a lumber yard is preferred.
Commercial Driver’s license is required with a three year clear driving record. Must also be forklift certified. All work is performed in our outdoor yard and warehouse and will be subject to weather conditions. Must be able to carry up to 30 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 75 pounds.
OUTSIDE SALES SUPPORT REP
Serves as an extension of the field sales team by insuring the accurate and efficient processing and delivery of all key customers orders. Serves as primary after-sales contact for customers and is responsible for assuring that all questions are satisfactorily answered, and that all interactions exceed customer expectations. Requires close interaction with other departments to assure that customer needs are meet by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepares written quotes for customers.*
• Ensures the accurate and timely processing of all customers orders.*
• Handles customer orders by phone and email and checks that they include correct pricing, discounts, and products numbers.*
• Responds efficiently and effectively to all online and telephone questions from the customer in a calm and friendly manner.*
• Serves as liaison between all appropriate departments to assure that the customer order is filled accurately and delivered in an effective manner.*
• Contacts customers and prospects to arrange appointments for outside sales force.*
• Makes follow-up calls to confirm orders, delivery dates, and specific delivery instructions.*
• Informs customers of any delays and arranges for alternative delivery dates.*
• Maintains all appropriate sales records to allow preparation of relevant sales reports.*
• Coordinates with the Accounting Department on the status of all incoming and completed orders to assure that the company has inaccurate basis for forecasting cash flow.*
• Stays alert to things that need to be done and, without being asked, takes initiative to see that they get done.*
INSIDE SALES REP
As an Inside Sales Rep at North Georgia Building Supply you will provide customer service to retail or contractor customers in person, over the phone, or through email. You will have the opportunity to use your experience, product knowledge and skills to offer products and services that will guide a homebuilder or homeowner through their project. You will determine a customer’s requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and services and generate a sales quote/order from our computer system. For example, you may provide estimates and pricing of packages such as decks, garages, millwork, doors and windows, etc.
We are a building materials retailer who mainly sells to local homebuilders and remodelers. We are looking for a Warehouse Worker for our growing location.
• Picking products from a pick order sheet
• Packing materials based on customer needs
• Counting materials needed for shipment
• Correctly tag materials for shipment
• Operating a sit down forklift
• Some heavy lifting required
• Tolerate high and low temps in warehouse setting
• Loading & unloading trucks safely and efficiently
BOX TRUCK DRIVER
Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s license with a clean, safe driving record.
Associate will be responsible for operating a company box truck delivering building materials to customer job sites. Driver must maintain a professional image and be courteous to all customers. A box truck driver is responsible for loading and unloading of building materials and delivering to customers in a timely manner and ensure that the delivery is correct.
• Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
• Good physical health
• Be on time
• Valid driver’s license (Non CDL)
• Good driving record
• Prior truck driving experience
Hours are 6 am until finished with deliveries each day. This is a full time position with some overtime.
• North Georgia Building Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Drug Free Workplace
• Benefits include health, life, vision, dental, 401K
North Georgia Building Supply offers competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays. Benefits offered include health, dental, vision, life, etc. and we also have a company 401k plan.
Questions? Comments? Need Help?
If you have any questions, comments or needs that we can help you with, please contact us and let us know. We appreciate you and look forward to serving your construction supply needs.